Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day of Opportunity: Päivätilaisuus

Having one of those days where there's nothing on, all the food is prepared (leftovers from yesterday) so there's no cooking that needs doing, there's no shopping to be done except for buying a paper, and my bum and legs hurt from yesterday's attempt at running the Lower Horseshoe so there'll be no running today because I am, underneath it all, a bit of a wimp.

There is washing to be hung out which I may attempt now - I didn't earlier because yesterday I managed to rip open (ok that's a slight exaggeration) my finger on a tree whilst cutting back some weeds and it hurts quite a lot still (witch doctor gel hurts REAL bad) so I didn't want to get it caught continually on the washing. But, having said that, I've just made a batch of bread dough (now prooving in the oven) and got dough and flour and butter all over my hands, including the huge great gaping wound (it's about 2mm long actually) so maybe I'll get around to hanging out the washing after all.

I suppose today is really a fantastic opportunity for me to get into the attic and do some of that which I tend to call "work" which is actually playing around in the studio, painting or playing music. Singing's a bit out of the question at the moment as my voice is still recovering from last week's cold, but my fingers still work and there's a book of music downstairs which I'm actually really looking forward to playing through.

A Day of Opportunity indeed.

No comments: