Thursday, January 17, 2008

Amazing what you can get done in half an hour.

So this is how it goes in the morning. Firstly it depends on whether I can convince myself that getting out of bed will be a good thing. Waking up doesn't seem to be much of a problem initially, but it's getting out of bed that gets me. If it's cold or Stephen's being particularly snuggly then that bit is tricky.

But once I've decided to actually get out of bed, I can usually manage to get all the usual things done and stumble downstairs into the kitchen to put the kettle on. I usually manage to stay looking at least half-awake until half-way through breakfast and then all of a sudden it's as if I'm asleep again.

I have about half an hour from getting out of bed where I'm awake and useful, and then it takes a good couple of hours and a cup of tea or two while I'm a bit zombie-ish before I'm anything like useful again, so during that half hour I've learnt to make breakfast, a cup of tea, do the washing up and tidy the kitchen up a bit if it didn't get done the night before and put a load of washing in. It's amazing how much I can get done in that half-hour of productivity.

Almost makes up for the two hours of stumbling around that follow...

No comments: