Monday, January 28, 2008

Motivation...

We put a deposit down on a car at the weekend :D and we keep looking at each other (this hasn't really stopped since Saturday) and saying, "we'll have a car next week!!" So we will be picking up a boy-racer-red, 1.8 tdi vRS Skoda Fabia on Friday or Saturday. And I get to drive it to Manchester on Sunday or Monday! :D

Other than that, I don't really know what to write. I think the main thing I'm thinking about at the moment is my lack of exercise. I just called the leisure centre to cancel tomorrow's appointment, I've been poorly this week and it's meant that even if I'd wanted to go out training I couldn't have. As I drove back from the shops today (driving a hired Toyota Aygo... not great fun...) I remembered what Adrian (my trainer) said last time. Something about how if I actually filled out an application form for this summers' Round Hill Romp (a 10k run) I might feel a bit more motivation to do some work. I was filled with dread at the thought of actually putting my name down for something.

I don't even know if I want to do this run. Part of me does, yes, but it means making a decision that I don't want to make just yet. And possibly, by the time I am in a position to make the decision, I won't have time to either apply or train adequately.

Read another blog just now. The author noticed another roll around his tummy this morning and has vowed to go to the gym every morning this week. Wish I could get up the motivation to do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jen, it's gingembre from Chris Evans blog here. The facebook group is called CLP bloggers (original hey?)
Any probs finding it, add me as a friend and follow the link. My name is Kirk Wilson