Friday, September 28, 2007

Surprised!

I think it's incredible the way your body gangs up against you as if it thinks it actually has control.

Last night I felt like I was going down with a cold, I had a headache, earache, sneezes, tummy ache (that might have had something to do with how much lasagne I ate), and thought that my glands were up. This morning my shoulders have been really playing up and my hip was slipping as I walked to the leisure centre. My whole body seemed extremely reluctant to go and do this "body pump" thing. And then the mind kicked in, are you sure you want to do this? Nervousness. Scared. Wouldn't it be better if you got your shoulders sorted out first? What if you damage your shoulders more? What if...? What if...? And then I got to the gym and was really early and had to sit and wait, and the receptionist was busy looking and sounding very efficient, and I didn't know where I should go, and the technique session that I had been told was this morning only happens on Saturdays......

But. Do you know what, I've really enjoyed it. It was exactly what I was looking for, just what I needed, and I'm going again next week. And I can still walk!! Having a few issues getting down the stairs but hey, it's all part of the experience...

No comments: