Friday, September 21, 2007

Earwigs and Emotional Episodes

Earwigs. Like or loathe? I don't like them personally. Never had a problem with them in Manchester, but I've lost count now of the number of earwigs I've had to evict over the last couple of weeks. This morning it was 3 (so far), they were hidden in the blinds so when I opened the blinds in the kitchen one fell out. I was ready for the next two and the vacuum cleaner was brought out.

Had a call from the estate agents yesterday. Now why couldn't they have told me this when I was still in Manchester, rather than waiting until we're calling off any travelling for at least another fortninght?? But they need proof of address (she didn't specify which address, woodhouse lane or charlton street?) and proof of ID. And there's no way I'm posting my passport to them. So they'll just have to wait until we're next in town. Anyway there's already been one viewing on the house, and another one scheduled for next week sometime. I'm still praying that the right person will buy it, preferably a Christian who will make friends with the neighbours and look after the garden!

I'm having fun with the hire car. I think it's alright to drive, Steve says it's like driving an arcade game (with reference to the steering) but I'm not fussed. It's nice just to be driving a new car. We've had a look at getting a car on a contract, but it's quite a lot more expensive than paying off a loan although we really didn't expect it to be THAT much more expensive. I guess I'm coming to the opinion that I really don't know what all the fuss is about owning your own car. It just means you've got another Thing exerting influence over your life (it needs constant feeding and maintaining) whereas with a contract car the servicing is sorted out for you, and you get a nice new car every couple of years. Ah well. Maybe one of these days. We're going to have a look at nearly new cars on Saturday. Had enough of old cars for a bit.

I went to see the family planning nurse yesterday. Wasn't really sure why I had to go and see her, I thought I'd just be getting weighed and measured etc etc and another repeat on my prescription for contraceptives. But no, because I have to go onto insulin in preparation for us wanting to start a family, the pill I'm on currently has to go. It has issues with insulin apparently. So we talked and I'm being put on a progesterone only pill (POP) because that doesn't have issues with insulin. So I start them tonight, and in a couple of months' time I will go to see my new doctor and we'll have a chat about how my emotional stability has been, and whether I think I can cope with these little things. Emotional stability has been the main thing that has affected which pill I've been on over the years, and Marvelon has been the best of a bad bunch I guess. I get easily emotional just before I'm due, rather than psychotic. Not bad really.

Watch this space.

No comments: