Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dinner Dates

I am SO excited! I think tomorrow the excitement might make me pop though... A group of friends from Iisalmi (Finland) are coming over for a couple of days in the Capital, they've got a jam-packed schedule but we're going to meet up with them tomorrow evening and I am SO EXCITED to get to see them again! Never mind that we're planning to go to Finland again at New Year, that's still 3 months away and this is TOMORROW! I spoke to Pastor Charles yesterday and arranged when and where we could meet up, and this morning I got an email from my friend Hanna (she's ace - she was really shy when we were in Finland, and even though she could speak better English than Mika she would only correct him, not speak herself! They've just spent 6 months in Canada though so I think that will have had a major impact on her confidence) so I'm just getting more and more excited about seeing them all. Hanna told me some names of who is coming over, and I'm kind of relieved that it's not just Pastor Charles and the youth. Pastor Jouni and his family are coming (I can't wait to see his wife again!) and Anssi (I've got some cool pics of his kids, they were such posers!), and Päivi and Arto, and of course some of the youth. There's about 21 of them in all coming for a whistle-stop tour of London (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussaude's, the Eye, Parliament...)

Anyway I think you get the idea that I'm so happy to be able to see them again.

Steve and I went on a Date last night - it was a really nice sunny day so we had a drink at the White Horse at lunchtime, and decided to go for another after work. And as we sat there we decided we couldn't be bothered going home to cook, so I asked if there were any tables free (on a Wednesday evening - it was practically empty!) and we had a brilliant impromptu dinner date. I enjoyed last night :) It's a lot more like Autumn today, the sun's hidden and it feels damp. Gutted that I put the washing in late yesterday, instead of in the morning... Don't think the washing machine is too happy. The dial broke a couple of weeks ago (it was already damaged) so I have to use pliers to turn it to where I think we've worked out the usual programme position is, and part way through the cycle yesterday afternoon it caused the main RCD to flick, and everything in the house went off.... very disconcerting. So I think I will not be using the computer or the stereo when I've got the washing machine on in the future, just in case...

Right, breakfast calls. And paracetamol...

No comments: