Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nerves

I'm going to see the diabetic nurse in half an hour, to see if we can get the ball rolling with regards to Steve and I trying for mini-Entwistles next year sometime. So far, as far I know, it will go like this:
Get Jeni on to Insulin.
Monitor Jeni's blood sugar to make sure it is within strict boundaries at all times. (Bit worried about this one, I've just tested my glucose levels and they were 17.8 but I'm putting that down to 3 slices of toast with jam this morning for breakfast.)
6-9 months later, stop taking the Pill.
Start trying for kids....
Constant monitoring, eagle-eyed watching, .......... I remember when we were about to move to Finland for the year I joked to Steve that could we please have our first out in Finland so that we'd be away from the eagle-eyes of the families!
But as much as I'm not looking forward to being watched so closely, I think once it comes to it I'll be pretty glad of the attention. Seems we have one of the best diabetic nurses in the country down here in Steyning, and it's a pretty big and well-equipped health centre. I'm sure I'll be well looked after.
I'm also sure that I'm going to get told off for not checking my glucose levels more often. Apart from just now, I can't honestly remember the last time I checked. I think it was while I was still working at Parklands, which was over a month ago now. Ah well.

No comments: