Monday, September 01, 2008

On Holiday with the Batty Fatty

That's Steve's new nickname for me for the duration. I think he's decided that I'm more batty than he realised, or maybe he's just not seen the extent of the battiness for some time and this past week has just allowed him to see it again...

And of course the fatty bit relates to the obvious protrusion which he swears grows by the day. It probably does. We measured me again last night but according to the tape measure I've not grown for 2 weeks. Steve doesn't trust the tape measure.

We have had the most lovely relaxing holiday in South Wales. The weather wasn't great, we only had sunshine on the Sunday, but to be able to relax and spend time together and talk and laugh and snuggle and just chill out was so much needed.

We walked on the beach and got sand in our toes and dipped our feet in the sea, we went for walks along the promenade at Mumbles, talking about everything and nothing and laughing until we (well mainly I) thought I was going to embarrass myself, we explored Oystermouth Castle, we drove to the Worm's Head and I chickened out from walking a way up to the Head because there was a BBC camera crew filming pieces about the erosion of the coastline (and laughed so much in the process of chickening out that I nearly embarrassed myself again), Steve went on a bike ride and came home three hours later with the bottom half of his bike completely caked in mud, we went out for (second) breakfast and I had hash browns in a cafe/shop called Treasure, we people-watched from the safety (and warmth) of the beach-side cafe, we played boules on the beach and didn't want to come home.

Photos

Our chalet


First day at the beach




The train along the promenade at Mumbles


Oystermouth Castle



Satisfying cravings...


Boules on the beach

No comments: