Saturday, September 06, 2008

I still can't believe it's....

...September. Where has this year gone to?! I'm also quite amazed at how Autumn arrived with the first of the month. It's so definitely autumn now, isn't it. Colder. The leaves on the conker tree outside the window are turning.

My head is chock full of baby stuff at the moment, spilling over from yesterday's expedition to the first antenatal class. Hopefully it'll all have dissipated by next Thursday so I can learn it all again. It's amazing what you can cover quickly in 5 hours. Yes, five hours. Thankfully only this first session was a long one, the rest are all 2 hour sessions in the evenings which might be a bit more manageable. Only thing was, yesterday, Stephen wasn't able to come with me. Apart from really being short on holidays (antenatal appointments at various hospitals have been eating away at them) an amp they were testing at work blew up on Thursday so he had no choice in the matter - he had to stay at work Friday. All the other partners had come along though... I felt a little bit lonely, to say the least. Only cried once though, was quite proud of myself for keeping my composure that long.

Anyway. Now officially on admin duties at work and, although I never ever thought I'd ever say this, I am LOVING it. Brain is being tested, all the old information I'd learnt years ago is being dragged out and used again, and the best bit is that I'm creating systems from scratch rather than just sitting there putting garbage in and getting garbage out.

Lovin' it.

Even the "filing", what there is of it. 2 folders. VAT and non-VAT. I can cope with that I think.

Although it does mean that I'm not on the shop floor talking to all the lovely old ladies and eating fruit all afternoon. Next week I'll have to remember to tear myself away from the computer a couple of times.

Steve's gone out on his bike with Julian this morning in the sogginess - there's another one who'll need hosing down before he comes anywhere near the house - so some peace and quiet and bubblebath time for me until he gets back. And then - joy of joys - travelsystem shopping. Can you believe my DAD corrected me after I called them prams. But it's not all bad - Steve's parents have sent us a little financial gift for said travelsystem, which should more than cover the cost...!

Travelsystem.

And it's got to be red, to match the car.

Of course.

No comments: