Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's 4am and yet again...

... I am downstairs with a bowl of cereal.

I have to have this bowl of cereal at this time of night, to stop myself from having a mild hypo during the night. Something to do with the current amount of slow-release insulin I'm on. Needs adjusting. Again. At least I'm doing enough blood sugar testing to be able to talk to the nurse with some useful figures, so we can adjust the dose accordingly.

It's not as if it's difficult to wake up either - all I need to do is have a drink before I go to bed and hey presto I wake up at 3.30am needing the loo.

Bit fed up.

Another I'm fed up about is that I've just stocked up on chocolatey cereal, this having been my staple food for the past 6 months, only to have - within a matter of days - my tastebuds change again. Hurrah that I'm back on healthy cereal again but now what am I going to do with all these boxes of chocolatey rubbish? They're far too sweet all of a sudden.

And finally. I appear to be developing a cough.

Could do with some of that healing blessing really.

Failing that, a hug would be nice.

xx

No comments: