Friday, October 15, 2004

Singing with the Halle is amazing. Even the altos on their own sound amazing. Even the alto part on its own of Brahm's Song of Destiny is amazing. I can't wait to hear us with the orchestra.

I have got home sooo late. The rehearsal finished at 9.15pm, the next train home which stopped at Gatley left at 9.30 from Piccadilly. I was never going to make that so I went to Oxford Rd station and there was a train waiting there that went through to Heald Green, so I decided to get that one. It was supposed to get into Heald Green at 9.50, and there was a train at 9.53 which I could get back to Gatley. Then I supposed I was going to walk, I don't think I had really thought that part through properly.

But my train was a minute or two late leaving Piccadilly, probably because the one that left on the same jounrney except stopping at every station 3 minutes earlier was a minute or two late also. Which meant that when I got to Heald Green, the 9.53 which would take me back to Gatley was just pulling in. Heald Green station has a footbridge: which was closed. So I ran all the way up to the road at the top of the ramp, and all the way back down to the other side, and got to the gate at the bottom just as the train started pulling out.

How depressing.

So I ended up at the Heald Green pub waiting for a taxi who said they'd be 10 minutes but took 20 minutes to arrive... I could have phoned Steve to collect me.

I could have phoned Steve!! It was 10 o'clock, and I thought, they'll still be at Cell group, they'll probably be praying around about now, I can't phone now. So when I saw him, and found out that they'd chatted all the way through Anthony doing the Word bit, and were kicked out at 9.30 anyway because everyone was shattered, I was a bit miffed to say the least.

Oh well. Time for bed. Hope I sleep well, I'm shattered too. I might put an earplug in to shut out Steve's snoring. G'night.

No comments: