Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Tree

Back in May, I realised a new potential for the cardboard walls that were springing up in our house. (These walls were to stop Ben from bashing at the exposed brickwork and thus creating more dust and detritus than was absolutely necessary. They were only temporary, but will be temporary for a little while longer I suspect. Anyway...) They made the perfect canvas for practising on.

My mission is to paint a tree on one of the walls in Ben's room, once it's ready. So I have to practise.

Here's the first attempt, from May.


Bit of a practise attempt, really. Ben enjoyed adding handprints. It's since been obscured by a filing cabinet, still taped up from moving house, which belongs in the office. Which we don't have, as it's still Steve's workshop / toolroom.

While Ben had his nap today I felt inspired to try Attempt Number Two.

 

Am pleased with my improvement since last time, although there is still quite some way to go before I dare paint straight onto his bedroom wall... I might cut this tree out actually, and trim the parts that I'm not happy with, maybe I might end up with an outline to trace that I am happy with.

No comments: