Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Naughty Gran ... and Getting Soggy


















An envelope dropped through the door at lunchtime, addressed to Benjamin Entwistle. Ben was rather excited! He loves going to collect the post from the doormat, and he brings it to me, "oast, oast!"

The front of the bubble envelope gave nothing away. Except for the fact that it was a bubble envelope, which should have set alarm bells off immediately.

The back, however, bore the legend: "from Naughty Gran!"


Ben begged for a "ed beecul", so he had a red beetle, and then wanted a "boo beecul" which I said he could have after he had a sleep. So he went to sleep. Early.

The worst thing about early naps is that it makes the afternoon SO LOOOOOOONG so when Ben woke up eventually I had to send him outside to water the plants. I filled a bucket up, found his little watering can, and left him to it, knowing pretty much what would happen.

I didn't expect quite the scale of waterloggedness that followed. Ben came in soaked from head to toe. Completely. I have no idea how he managed, why he bothered, but at least my gooseberry bush was also watered. As well as half the patio. He seemed happy enough, and took me outside to show me how he'd got so drenched, and then proceeded to paint the shed wall with water.





















Thank goodness for sunshine is all I can say! He came inside and asked for wet clothes to be taken off, and as I went outside to hang them up on the line he followed me out - clad only in his nappy - and seemed perfectly happy. The only thing that stopped him getting in his car was that it was, oddly, quite wet.










Bathtime ensued and he spent nearly an hour in the bath too. I'm surprised he's not gone all wrinkled like a prune.


















Somehow, we have managed to pass the time this afternoon in a very soggy manner, and he has loved every minute pretty much. Apart from when I pinned him down to cut his toenails - but nobody enjoys that, do they.

1 comment:

mummyofkatie said...

the bath time photo is gorgeous!