Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What a DAY

I went to Becky Higg's launch party of her debut album "Room to Move" and I was so impressed! It was a cool launch party too, the room was packed and there were trays of herbal teas going around. I managed to buy an album, but couldn't stay past the first set because I was meeting Steve at church at 9.30.

Prior to the launch party, I had to find the place. The Bay Horse, on Thomas Street. I managed to walk right past it the first time I walked down the street, and missed it completely. I walked around the back streets, and eventually walked down Thomas Street again and there it was. I don't know how I managed to miss it...

And before that, I was at Kids Club. That was fun. I wasn't on bus duty tonight - hurrah for a night off! I don't think I could've coped on the bus back to Wythenshawe after the goings-on at club. Two kids from Wythenshawe couldn't decide if they were friends or not and were taking up so much time from all different leaders. Next week one of them in particular is going to be told that he will be excluded for the rest of the night if he starts playing up again. I hope it doesn't come to that...

But before THAT, I was at work! Yay for work. Steve texted me during the day, he'd been down to the Message and handed in my application form and by the time he got home there was a message on our answerphone inviting me to an INTERVIEW on Monday!!!!! Hoorah! So I went into our little interview room here and phoned Emma at the Message and had a good chat. Steve told me later that when he handed in the form he handed it straight to Emma, and Emma said "It's my job she's taking"... Now whether that was a slip of the tongue or what, I don't know but I'm still Claiming this job!!

Woooo also I am SO looking forward to going to the Amplified Weekend this weekend. Hooray I'm driving the van with Steve. I've enjoyed driving my mum's car this weekend, even though the clutch is slipping really badly - we've figured out a sort of technique to stop it slipping so much. But having said that, I really should tell mum... I might email her now while I remember...

No comments: