Thursday, November 23, 2006

Noah's Ark

The story of Noah and the Ark took on a new meaning to me today.

We had a meeting with Andrew at church today, and as I was rounding the corner to church I started praying "God, bless this meeting..." that's as far as I got before I looked up and saw a rainbow! I felt God saying to me, "you've been tried and tested, and I promise I'll never put you through this again."

What a blessing.

Later as I was writing this in my little journal, it was expanded to me. When Noah saw the rainbow, they were still on the water (if my memory serves me correctly). God promised Noah that He would never again bring such wholesale destruction to the earth. But the point is, the rain had stopped. BUT, they were still on the water.

I'll bet it took a long long time for the waters to recede, but God had given His word to Noah and his family.

With me and Steve, the rain has stopped - our situation is not going to get any worse - Praise God! But it's going to be a while before the water has gone down enough for us to get to solid ground.

I did pray the other day that our finances needed "baptising" but I didn't think God would answer us by saying that this whole thing was a baptism....

No comments: