Thursday, November 23, 2006

Annoyed, frustrated, conned...

I feel so let down by the agency I'm with at the moment.

This is what I earn, by the way.

I was contracted initially to work 37.5 hours per week at a rate of £7 per hour.

I can't support myself and Steve on this, so I said I would be looking for other work at the end of the 3 month contract.

The agency offered me £7.50 per hour to try and keep me, which I accepted.

Then I get the revised contract details through the post and they've reduced my hours to 35 hours per week, while putting my hourly rate up to £7.50 per hour.

Do the maths, and then you'll understand why I'm feeling particularly let down and conned by the agency. I've told my boss that I'll be staying, so I feel trapped now as well.

My agency doesn't appear to think they've done anything wrong. Steve and I reckon that the initial 37.5 hours per week was a mistake on the agency's part - when my boss signed my timesheet the other week she told me I should only be working 35 hours per week.

I wish people would own up to mistakes, rather than making me feel like I've been conned and let down.

No comments: