Monday, January 26, 2009

Do we stay or do we go?

Bit of a conundrum, really.

We need to move house, I'm desperate to move really, we're running out of space. I mean, we've been running out of space since we moved in to this cottage but with Benjamin's arrival and all the associated paraphernalia, we're SERIOUSLY short of space. To move around in the front room, we need to put the playmat away. The buggy base now lives permanently in the boot of the car. I've been putting the playmat/babygym out on the bed upstairs with the squeaker-com on, just so I can get some work done.

Anyway.

We've seen a couple of houses to rent in Worthing, in the area we want to move to, but we each don't like some aspects of one of the houses.

Steve doesn't like the fact that the hot water tank is in the main bedroom in the property that I like, and I see his point - he can't stand a hot bedroom, it stops him sleeping well (and me by default as it makes his snoring a lot worse!).

The other property is really close to a level crossing, and has very limited parking - one side of the street is off-limits during the day Monday to Friday. The level crossing beeps VERY frequently and would drive me nuts.

So, do we go for a short-term let? Bearing in mind there are very few of them in the right area as well.

The other things I have to put into consideration are that I'm still trying to get my milk supply back up as I want to continue breastfeeding Ben for as long as possible - I've been doing a little bit of research and realised that to make a good go of it I really need a few weeks straight where we can just let all routine go to pot and just concentrate on demand and supply. So would moving house interfere with this? Probably...

Then there's ..... well, that's it really. I suppose sleep training is another thing that we need to take into consideration, and as our newly discovered free evenings (which have come about by giving Ben another bottle of formula which basically knocks him out) are going to go by the wayside anyway we might as well go all the way and attempt this sleep training thing.

So we are going to be knackered anyway. And trying to move house as well..... well, maybe it is a bit stupid to try and do that right now.

But I so desperately want to move.... I need space, I want to be able to move about freely in my house, I want everything to have its place AND BE IN IT, and for everything to be easily accessible. I want warm rooms that aren't draughty, that I don't have to wrap Ben up like a penguin before leaving him under his babygym. I want to be able to invite friends round and for there to be space for them AND us to sit down - and space for babies and toddlers to not get into too much mischief.

Basically,

I want it all....

And I want it NOW.

So:

Do we stay or do we go? Do we stay and wait, and hope that a better offer turns up? Or do we move and put up with the little things that annoy us, so we are closer to our friends and have a little space to stretch out in?

Answers and thoughts on a postcard, please. Or in a comment if you prefer.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Hi Jen

It's Rebecca from Mums Club Nov 08. Thanks for the links to your blogs. I've added you. Just need to find some new blog-friends now. Do you know how to 'search' for blogs that are about your interests to find like-minded people to read about?

Love to Benjamin

Rebecca xxx