Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Prayer

I am so grateful for those moments when my whole world seems to be at peace - or holding its breath, waiting for something to happen. I stood, looking out of my kitchen window, at a frost-bitten world, holding a sleepy Ben in my arms, waiting for him to start the process of crying himself to sleep, enjoying the peacefulness of the moment and the beauty of what I was holding and what I was looking at. I thank God for moments like this.

I started thinking about my wishlist for what I'd like our next house to have, and realised there are more important things to wish for in a house!

I pray for a house that we can grow into, somewhere we can put down roots at last, somewhere Ben can grow up in. I pray that our house is close by to our friends, that we can easily be in and out of each others' houses - without the need for a car journey. I pray that our home becomes part of the community, that people - friends and strangers alike - are comfortable in our home, that they find a welcome rest from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

And now my little boy is asleep in my arms, my husband is asleep in bed, there's coffee in the pot - peace reigns again. If I could reach I'd take this opportunity to cut Ben's nails!

No comments: