Thursday, October 09, 2008

Like a child in a sweet shop.

Thursday morning 9am. A text from Nick. "Jeni, can you come in at 10ish and take some pictures of the shop?" Such a beautiful day, and perfect timing - I wanted the afternoon off to meet Libby and Nathaniel, and was planning on going to the shop in the morning anyway to do some work.

I love my job. As well as doing the accounts and processing payments, I get to design various bits of marketing for the shop, take photographs for use in said marketing, and I'll be sorting out their website in the new year some time.

So Thursday morning I took Steve's camera in with me and I felt like a child in a sweet shop - I love taking photographs, and to be paid to do it, to have a purpose to the photos I was taking, was just brilliant! All the fruit and veg just looked so delicious in the morning sunshine, and I had a ball taking pictures and seeing if I could get the photos to do them justice.

After a bit of admin work it was time to go and pick up Libby and Nathaniel for an afternoon relaxing at the tea rooms in Steyning. I think we must have spent a good 2-3 hours in there, eating sandwiches and cake and drinking tea in the sunshine. Nathaniel occupied himself by trying to pick up the knots in the wooden table and then hitting the table repeatedly because it made a nice big noise.

After that it was back to the cottage, to see if we could find anything to feed Nathaniel with, as Julian was going to be quite late picking them up. We discovered that Somerfield baked beans evidently don't taste as good as Asda baked beans, and we also discovered that feeding Nathaniel cheese when he's not very well produces a lot of puke. Poor Libby had put a nice top on for coming out to play, and Nathaniel had already rubbed a big piece of gummed rusk onto her top. The puke finished it off. Good job we're about the same size although my brain was not up to speed and I went rushing off upstairs trying to find something for Nathaniel to be changed into rather than a clean top for Libby! Silly Jeni.

No comments: