Monday, October 13, 2008

The Peace of God that surpasses all understanding.

Today we begin trying to evict baby in earnest. If he doesn't come out willingly by himself this week, the bailiffs are being sent in next Tuesday :) - I'll be induced, what joy.

Been thinking a lot about this whole induction thing. Last Thursday evening's NCT class was mainly on induction, what they do, how it works, pros and cons etc. Painted a pretty grim picture really, not something I'd willingly go for. But on the way home I realised that actually, my baby's health is far more important to me than my comfort or discomfort, I'd rather have baby out and healthy.

Then, Saturday evening we went on the hospital tour and I was fine until they showed us the maternity theatre. Knowing that if I do end up being induced there's a fair possibility of me ending up having a c-section, I got a bit scared at that point. I hadn't realised that for 20 minutes I was going to be on my own while they prepped me and Steve got changed into his scrubs. I think out of the whole process, that was the bit that scared me the most - the thought of being separated from Steve.

But again, on the way home, I really felt the peace of God reminding me that I would never be on my own. I am just amazed at how peaceful I actually feel about all this. We have been praying with good friends that I'll have a natural birth and baby will come out this week, we have stood together and agreed and said Amen, and now - well, it's not that I don't have faith for that, or that I don't want it to be a natural labour, it's just it's not such a big deal any more. What happens happens. As long as baby is safe and healthy, that is the biggest priority. Everything else is kind of irrelevant now.

I guess if it does come down to going into theatre the best thing I can do is trust the people that are looking after me. If I trust them, I'm not going to panic. I have to trust them. And, as Steve said, if I don't feel able to trust them, then I can trust God because He is my Rock and Saviour, my Strong Tower, my Comforter.

I get to meet my baby soon.

No comments: