Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Grand Day Out

Today has been what I wanted last Saturday to be - a day out, a date day, a day for me and Steve to spend together enjoying each others' company.

We started by going to another NCT nearly-new sale in Worthing and picking up a bag full of funky baby clothes for next to nothing prices; had coffee and then lunch with Julian and Libby and Nathaniel; and then headed in to Worthing to buy a couple of bits for baby like sunscreens for the car windows and also to have a look in the camera shop for flashguns and tripods. Not intending to actually buy anything this time round, just to look.

Ended up buying me a camera like Steve's (except because the camera is a year old and two more models have been brought out since, it was half the price he paid for his last year), a camera bag, a tripod and some spare batteries. I feel like I've come of age, I finally have a grown-up camera of my own. Feels quite weird.

We then had our lovely hospital tour for when baby does decide to make his appearance, and decided on the way home afterwards that instead of getting a takeaway for dinner we'd actually eat out. I can't remember the last time we ate out, just the two of us. It was lovely. An indian meal in a decent restaurant, no rushing, no cooking, just nice food :)

What a grand day it has been.

Thank you God.

No comments: