Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stunned by stupid dress sizes.

I had to bite the bullet yesterday and go out on a hunt for trousers that would actually fit me, as most of mine have started to try and cut me in half every time I bend over.

So I was taken out by a friend into town, and after deciding I really couldn't face mothercare yet, we went into Dorothy Perkins. Now. I am normally a size 10 to 12 or thereabouts, and normally shop in places like H&M or Select or Topshop or other youthful places, and I know what size I am in there. Imagine my horror when the size 12's fell off me, then the size 10's fell off me, and then the size 8's proceeded to fall off me.

All I could think of was "the dietician is going to kill me." They've been trying to fatten me up for years and if I've gone and dropped 2 dress sizes they ain't gonna be happy.

Thankfully my friend who was with me (although she couldn't see what the problem was, other than they didn't do size 6's) explained that DP dress sizes are different to H&M dress sizes...

I'm really hoping now that H&M do a decent line of maternity wear. Did manage to get a couple of pairs of long combat-type shorts that actually stay up, but the linen pants are probably going to need braces!!

I can't believe I'm in maternity wear.

Off to fatten myself up a bit now.

No comments: