Friday, February 22, 2008

Well I wasn't going to but....

...then, somehow I was in the car on the way to the gym.

The thing is, I gave myself the "gym" amount of insulin this morning (less, because exercise does a great job of reducing blood sugar levels) and then, ten minutes before it got to the appointed time to go to the class, I thought, "I don't feel like going. I hurt too much from yesterday." Then somehow I was in the car (I was late, ok) and was on my way. Not entirely sure how that happened.

But it was good. I went to "Body Balance" today, which is some mix of yoga and pilates and tai chi, and the last time I did the class (I've only done it once before) I wobbled and overbalanced quite a lot. I have such a pathetic sense of balance! Today it wasn't so bad. I'm determined to learn how to balance, I guess it's something you learn and most people learn it as they go from birth kind of thing. I'm pretty good at staying upright but I do have a tendency to fall into walls and doors and anything else really. But once I can balance, then maybe I'll be less scared of downhill skiing, and cycling downhill, and running downhill, and basically doing anything that involves going downhill.

See I can DO going uphill, even if it kills me, but it's the getting downhill that I have issues with.

No comments: