Thursday, September 23, 2004

Boing

Sigh.

How stress makes you not sing well.

I went for another singing lesson last night, straight from work, drove from Manchester City Centre to Wythenshawe to drop off hubby and friend, then on to Sale for my lesson. Set off from work 5pm, (this includes very fast walking to car,) arrived at lesson 6.45pm.

No wonder I was a bit tense. But how frustrating - I couldn't keep at straight face at the warm-ups we were doing, so my neck and shoulders just would not relax. Which meant that I wasn't able to produce the sound that I knew I could... which made it all the more frustrating.

And my audition is in a week and a half.

Well.

Another lesson next week, that will be £75 spent on singing lessons this month, I don't think I can afford that for much longer.

Sigh...

Debbie's leaving party is tomorrow. I think it will be hard to not be sad, I will miss her a lot. Who will make me cups of tea now? I will be making them instead...

She came round the other night for a last T&Chat. :) It was nice. We talked about lots of stuff, including church. Kat came round as well - she's moving in with us for the next 3 months, and we started painting the attic which is to be her bedroom. I'm excited about that - I don't know what it's like to live with anyone except my family, and my husband.

Kat left her job recently to join the Innervation Trust, how exciting! That means that after her 3 months training, she'll be put with a team and sent to a part of the country to do schools work in all the schools in the area, doing assemblies, RE and PSE lessons, afterschool and lunchtime clubs, gigs and concerts. She's well looking forward to it!

And me? Well, next week Steve sends off his applications for next year's year in industry placements. He also (as in, as well as me) wants to go to Denmark - so emails to Eben, and application to B&O I think in the pipeline: here's praying one of them says yes!

Enough for now, I want to eat and relax a bit. My cup of tea is going cold, again.

L8r! xx :o)

No comments: