Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Websites and Banks

I have spent the past two day’s lunch breaks in the bank, sorting out an error of their making. I really hope that I don’t have to do that again in a hurry. Not that they’re horrible or anything, I just would really like to eat.

I nearly bought my website on Sunday night! I won’t tell you what it is because it’s my business site and I don’t think I’m really allowed to do that, although it’s almost my blog name, but purple.

Went through the whole procedure, got the name I wanted (yay) and got Steve to buy it for me (he’s the one with the solo card you see).

Last night I spent the whole evening designing the site, making sure links worked etc etc. It looked just how I wanted it to. I checked my site account, and printed off the details, and found they’d charged us over twice what we were expecting – I don’t recall seeing any mention of an extra charge for having a .com site – I’m new to this game, so it’s not something I’d just know. Hmm.

This morning we get an email saying the card was rejected (probably because there wasn’t enough in the account for what they’d tried to take out – there was enough for just the site registration though!) so I still haven’t got my website.

And, like I said, I’m new to this game, and all I have at home is Word but I am told that Microsoft haven’t really got their act together with Word and the internet, and web pages designed in Word have a tendency to not work. Even if they do look real pretty offline.

So if you are feeling really generous and want to help me out here, I can send you some Word documents to re-create in whatever web design way you like...

No comments: