Friday, August 20, 2004

Auditions

Thought I’d post an update on how the various auditions/preparations are going/have gone.

Halle

Well I’ve found some music for the audition I think! My old singing teacher has suggested Handel’s “Art thou troubled”, and I’ll hopefully be going back to her for lessons in September.

It’s still not actually September yet, so no more news on the Sing With The Halle day, except that it’s on 26th September!

Cabaret

Went for an audition for a Cabaret tonight. What fun! I was going to sing “Feeling good” but the pianist couldn’t play it, so instead I did “Music of the Night” from Phantom. He could play it, I knew it (sort of – had heard it a couple of times anyway) so I went for it.

It only has a high A-flat in it, further along in the score than you would read to check it for crazy high notes like that. And of course I didn’t remember that bit from seeing the musical what I was 15 or something!

But it went ok, seemed to impress them anyway!

No comments: