Monday, March 09, 2009

When the brain takes over.

We've just had a really lovely morning. The one thing that I'd already paid to do, we didn't actually do, but in the end as it turns out the morning was just perfect really!

I've been designing an invitation for work (they won an award at the Sussex Food and Drink Awards!) for a champagne celebration. Nick needed a draft of it for this morning, and only gave me the information last Thursday. I'd emailed him a few draft ideas, and last night at about 10.30pm he emailed back saying I like this one, can you do it like this and can I have a printed draft by 10am in the morning?

Aaargh. The one he'd chosen was the one I'd not actually finished designing! So I spent another hour on it last night and decided I needed to go to sleep as the computer screen was beginning to swim.

This morning, and I still can't get over this, Ben's been so good! He's only been a tiny bit sick, he's not cried, he's been so good and actually really lovely company while I've been frantically trying to get his breakfast, my breakfast, designs finished and drafts printed all before 9.45am so we had enough time to run down to the shop with them.

Nick, bless him, called me a miracle worker again :) It's nice to be appreciated!

We were supposed to go to our mummy and baby yoga group after that, but after chatting to the girls in the shop (and Ben having cuddles) and a nappy change later, we actually set off from Steyning at 10.30am - which is when yoga starts. Ah well. But. Halfway down the Long Furlong (towards Durrington), I suddenly started thinking: Where is it I'm going this morning? Yoga. Yoga's in the Burlington, the Burlington is on the seafront. In Worthing. I'm going towards Durrington, which is where the mums and tots group is...

Half an hour later we parked up in Worthing and I decided that as we were already really late, we'd not try and rush to get there for 15 minutes, we'd have a leisurely wander through Worthing instead and meet up with the girls for coffee after they'd finished yoga. It all worked out - Ben had a 45 minute sleep, I had a 45 minute walkabout, I met the girls for coffee, walked back to the car with Bianca, met Libby halfway back, and got back home before Steve got in for lunch!

A lovely morning, all in all.

AND then Ben fell asleep in the car again on the way home and slept until 2pm. Fabulous.

No comments: