Saturday, April 26, 2008

A bun in the oven :D

Well......

First things first. To all those people who, over the last 7 weeks or so, we've lied to, hidden from, fobbed off or otherwise.... my sincere apologies! And now it's time to come clean....



Heeheeee!!! 12 and a half weeks gone, only another... um... 27 to go?!

Anyway... that's why there's been such a lack of writing recently. Everything I've wanted to blog about has been so intrinsically wrapped up in how sick I've felt or not felt, what I've been able to eat and the food that's been in front of me at various "do's" that I've not been able to eat either because I don't fancy it at all or because I'm just not allowed it at the moment.

Still can't quite believe that this is really happening. It was an amazing moment yesterday to actually see the monster that has been causing all this sickness, thankfully there was no bitterness or resentment towards it. It was pretty awesome to see what an incredible amount of work has been going on over the last 10 weeks. I've not felt anything towards this bean, Steve's been talking to it and that's made me smile but I started to get really depressed about it a couple of weeks ago and I've not felt able to talk to it or really acknowledge it very much. It's hard to think nice thoughts about something that's had you feeling so awful for so long. But when we saw it on the screen... it was finally a reality, the bean took shape and form and was accepted into my consciousness as part of me.

It's a proper little wriggler, dancing away to its own little beat in there. Wouldn't keep still for the sonographer to take its picture! Measures in at 6.6cm head to bottom, not including legs, and is about the perfect size for my dates. Due date 3rd November...

1 comment:

Jo said...

Well, I'll only tell fun stories now so as not to worry you too much - although the gaffer tape tip remains!!!

:o) Jo