Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Frustrated

I can't remember the last time I felt really really angry, and needed to sit very quietly for a few minutes to calm down. I think the frustration builds up over the course of several encounters with whoever or whatever it is that winds me up. Today, it is the incompetence of BT. Got a bill through, with our surname spelt ENTHWHISTLE. I've spent the last 3 months trying to get them to change it. I've spent the last 3 months being told that yes, it's been changed now. AARGH. And, just to make it slightly harder for me to remain civil, the number that the back of the bill says to phone if you have a complaint (or for any other reason) was not the right one. Oh no, you've got a "GB" account, they've been set up on the new computer system. (Alarm bells. New computer system? Ah. That will be why we've had 3 months of incompetence. Nobody knows how to use it evidently.) You have to phone this other number (which, by the way, is nowhere to be found on the bill) because we can't access your account from the main system.

I'm beginning to think that we are guinea pigs. I am not impressed. I did not agree to take part in the trial of a new system. Perhaps if I had been told, I would have been slightly more patient, and slightly more insistent. It normally takes me 2 weeks to psyche myself up to phone BT because of the incompetence and difficulty that I have experienced EVERY SINGLE TIME I've had to phone them.

Staying on the subject of frustration, we're still waiting for the house sale to finalise. When we signed the agreement with the estate agents, they were so confident of a sale before Christmas. When everything slowed down they managed to get us to drop our asking price by £10k, and then got us to accept a very cheeky offer for a further £10k under that. The only reason we accepted that offer was because "it's a cash offer, you could complete in 2 weeks". Still waiting. Getting annoying, and a bit desperate, now. We can't afford to pay mortage, rent, car rental, bills, and live. Can't buy a car because nobody will lend us the money because we're high risk - new job, renting - so we're hiring one, so that we can get to and from Manchester to sort out the house and also because we are actually in the middle of nowhere. It's so FRUSTRATING just sitting here, knowing that soon we'll be able to pay off all the debts, buy a car that's hopefully not going to blow its head gasket within 2 months of buying it, get out of the rat-race for a little while and be able to start looking to the future. Soon. Not yet. Slowly sinking, again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hang in there. I know how you feel. Things will work out as they always do. Sending positive vibes your way...