Wednesday, September 20, 2006

New Job Update

Thought I'd write a little update on how my job is going.

The job is all good - I am particularly pleased this morning because I have managed to reply to about 25 emails answering questions and giving advice to various people. The questions just keep coming! I admit I find it a bit frustrating sometimes (already!) because most of the answers I give, I find the information out myself either from the RNCM website or the prospectus. It's hard not to immediately label some people as lazy or hopeless....! But, despite that, I am always nice in my replies!!!

Registration week is progressing fairly smoothly, the only problems (as usual, according to the tales I hear) are blamed on the IT department. I feel sorry for those guys sometimes. Other times not... but as I will never know the full story how can I apportion blame? It's just irritating the little things that go wrong.

So the job is all good.

Here's a little prayer point though if you're reading this.

I received my first payslip through the post recently and my hourly rate is significantly lower than the rate I was told by both the agency and the RNCM. I can't afford to keep this job if I'm being paid that little, and even on the rate I was promised I can't really afford to stay longer than the 3 month initial period - and this job could be on a rolling temporary contract which lasts significantly longer than the initial 3 months.

Please pray that the issue will be resolved - I am a bit annoyed because I was lied to by the agency in the first place. I am sure that this is a job that God has brought me to, so I must believe that God will provide for me and Steve either through a wage increase or a conversion to a permanent job, or through some other means. But it needs to happen soon!!!

No comments: