Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Singing with the Halle

I sang with the Halle Choir in my first concert last Saturday! It was amazing... we sang Brahms' Song of Destiny, and then I went and found Stephen and sat with him for the second half of the performance, to listen to Bruckner's 7th Symphony, which was absolutely amazing. Random fact from my dad: apparently the tune to "Don't Cry for me Argentina" was inspired by this piece of music. Well we all looked wonderful in our concert dresses, they definitely look better en masse and certainly better from a distance. Individually and close up, they are not particularly flattering... unfortunately, I've not yet got a picture of myself in said dress.
Woke up on Sunday morning, with no voice. And Monday morning, and this morning. Should have seen it coming really, after the last few rehearsals we've had, I've been really out of breath and dizzy, and have been straining to hit the higher notes. So, reckon I've got an infection of some sort. Coughing and aching generally, you know the feeling. Well praise God I had my voice for the concert, and I wasn't due to sing on Sunday either: playing keyboard isn't so hard if you've lost your voice - although trying to communicate with the other musicians and the PA is tricky.
Oh well.
Off work today, so am taking time to update dancerjen, and I ought to make an effort to finish my Key Skills stuff too, as it needs to be finished for tomorrow.
'nuff for now...

No comments: